Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Paper

All in all, I thought my paper went smoothly.  I chose to discuss the differences between Deckard's character in the novel and in the film.  I based my paper on three particular examples that displayed the differences between the two: the complexity of the characters (The novel's Deckard was much more round than the film version and seemed complete as a character.), the way in which each character was portrayed (The film's version of Deckard was shown in a darker light, while the novel's Deckard wasn't really portrayed in a particularly dark or gloomy manner.), and, lastly, the differing relationships with women between the two characters (In the novel, Deckard is married, cheats on his wife, but then comes back to her; and, in the film, Deckard is divorced and falls for Rachael.).  I didn't have any problems, although, I felt that I had much to say in my paragraph's about the differing character complexity and not quite as much to say about the other two points.  I don't think, however, think that it negates from the paper in any way.  I conclude my paper, stating my opinion that the novel is a much greater detailed and, overall, superior story when compared to the film adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment