Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Three Interesting Points in "Objectified"

The documentary, "Objectified," was very intriguing.  Going into the film, I was not aware of the process that most designers go through when designing new object or improving an old one.  The documentary showed how a few different groups of designers brainstorm, jot down ideas, craft a plan, and then put that plan into action.  I also found the part with the Apple designer very interesting.  He explained how may of the Apple products are made to be flawless, meaning that when people view them they accept the appearance of the object as a "staple" or a "standard," rather than coming up with their own ideas on how to improve upon the object.  In addition, I found it interesting how the MacBook only contains about 6 different parts, since the designers aim to make each part do many things.  All in all, this film was very interesting and I am glad that I watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment