Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapter 11 of Allyn & Bacon

After reading chapter 11 of Allyn & Bacon, there were a few things that I found quite interesting.  I found out the pertinance of writing multiple drafts.  I have always written multiple drafts to my papers, however, I was not aware of the numerous benefits, such as helping writers break the limits of short-term memory, helping to clarify the writers audience and purpose, and allowing the writer to revise more often, saving the perfection for later on in the writing process.  In addition, I like the idea of revising a paper in double or triple-spaced print.  This allows for quite a bit of space to make corrections or notes to yourself.  Furthermore, it is much easier to read the paper if the lines are double or triple-spaced, making it ideal for an in-class peer review or any other type of revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment