Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Climax

I felt that the climax of the novel was pretty wild.  It was like an old western movie through certain sections of chapter 19.  I thought that Rick would, eventually, end up killing Pris Stratton and Roy Baty.  However, the way in which it all went down was crazy.  I can't wait to see the movie with scenes like this.  In addition, I was surprised to find out Rick's take on Mercer.  The whole concept is still up in the air to me, as the author I would have made it more clear earlier on.  In the end, Rick comes to terms with Mercer as a god and not a real individual, which is reassuring.  Overall, I liked the novel.  I liked how it began and ended with Rick and Iran in the apartment, opening with conflict and ending with resolution between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment